Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Living today

The way God moves always leaves me astonished...I mean to even try to understand Him, His ways, His actions...it's almost impossible for my simple, human mind. I mean I sit here day in and day out...my life goes by...the days go by...time goes by...yet it seems that each day I learn something new. Each day my eyes are opened up even more to the amazingness of my heavenly Father. He leaves me in awe in ways I cannot describe. He takes my breath away with even the simplest of things.

It is amazing and impressive to me to see how God connects us with people sometimes in ways we cannot fully explain. But there is always a reason He does so. Whether we can see that now or not is not the point. The point is, that if He has connected you to particular people, there is some deep embedded meaning behind that, and if you are clueless as to why, then it's time to start talking more with The Boss to make sure you do the part your are called to play right.

Who ever shows up to a play without their lines, or without knowledge of the play itself? Who ever shows up to a concert to play without their instrument?? We've got to always be prepared to do the work He has set up for us.

Recently I have been noticing that God is doing amazing things in my church. Not only in the body of adults, but also among the young people there. How long have I, my youth pastor and God only knows so many others have been praying for this....I lost count...but the reality that God answered our prayers just in time....timeless....priceless...

In one single night at our Church Family Camp...God answered several of my prayers in a row...did I get blown away? Boy did I...let's just say that my heart and soul were so full of joy that the representation of that joy outwardly expressed came out in what looked like an exercise preparation class for the next Olympics. I could not hold in any longer the joy I was feeling. I could not stand still...all I wanted to do was dance, jump, run, reach...right up to my Father's throne to show Him how grateful I was...to show Him how happy and amazed I was. And this joy...as much as the enemy tries to take it away...I am fighting for it, because it is a gift that my Father gave to me, a gift that no one should be able to take away, unless I let them.

Where is my life headed to?

I have no true idea.

Do I have plans?

Even if I do have certain plans...I am not attached to them...because I know that in the blink of an eye, God could change it all...He could open new doors, He could place me in different places, doing different things...in the blink of an eye, I could be doing everything I love for God alone...so instead of focusing on what is coming, I look to today and focus only on today. Knowing that tomorrow will bring its own joys and worries...for today...I only know that I am joyous, I am growing, and I am ready for what tomorrow will bring be what it may be.

We cannot live this life as if it ours...we must live it to the fullest, each day, representing God fully, and sharing His love and joy with all the world!

No comments: