Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How can I give God anything less than my all....

Do you ever wonder how much the extent of God's love for us goes....? Well you'd better believe that I have no doubt in my mind that God loves me unconditionally, and more than anything and anyone will ever love me. He is so good to me that I think to myself, how could I ever give God any less than my best, any less that all I have, any less than my entire life and everything in it....

Recently I had been praying for God to do something for me...I have been working part time for a while now and was starting to grow a little worried because the income I was making was just not meeting all of my needs...and although right now I have been making it day by day, I was wondering how I was going to make it when things get tighter and my school bills start coming in....how would I ever progress myself? And not just that, but my biggest concern was the worry that I might have to look for another job, one that is not as flexible, one that is not something I enjoy doing, something that would take up all my time, something that would pull me away from what I love doing the most which is working for God in the ministry He has given me....it was literally killing me inside to even think that I might have to be pulled away from working in the church/ministry because I needed money to survive in this life...but I held on to the truth that is spoken in the word that He knows all of our needs and He is the ultimate provider. That He provides the needs for those who choose to do good in His name, that He will never give us more than we can bear, and that He will always respond on time...I held on to that truth and the promise that He is always with me...and just as expected...He responded...and as if it's not enough that He responded on time, He responded with even more than I expected. So how about today I get a call from my boss telling me to call our organization's director because they are looking for a part time assistant. I call immediately and the first thing I am told is that the job post was just put on craigslist to make it official and already there were like a million replies of people who wanted to apply for the job....what the heck? And then I am told, however, you are the first person we thought of for the job and so if you want it...it's yours! What in the world...so first of all, the job is offered to me, a job that millions would kill to have...and second of all, well that's coming....so then she describes a bit to me explaining that it's assistant stuff that I already have experience with, that she is willing to teach me as much as I want to learn about nonprofit work and admin stuff, which is what I want to gain experience in..and then to top it off that my schedule is flexible to where I can work from home if I like or have an office, as long as I come to a few meetings they have throughout the year and each month....are you kidding me??? Heck yes I am interested...heh...I was almost in shock and overwhelmed with excitement at God's response to me...GOD I LOVE YOU!!! There is just no one who compares to Him. What can I say...all I want to do is serve Him, nothing else....I get left with no other feeling....what a refreshing feeling to have...PRAISE GOD for He is worthy, WORTHY, WORTHYYYY!!!!

No comments: